The Hampton Roads Workforce Council's Top 20 Under 20 Awards seek to recognize Hampton Roads' emerging young leaders in the areas of workforce, entrepreneurship, and community service.
The nominating period for 2024 has begun!
The eligibility to receive a “Top 20 Under 20” award are as follows:
- Any teen between the ages of 13-19 is eligible.
- If a person turns 20 on or before May 2, 2024 or is not yet the age of 13 on Jan 1, 2024, that person is not eligible.
- Nominee must live in the Hampton Roads region.
What is the Hampton Roads Workforce Council looking for?
- Young people in the Hampton Roads region whose achievements in the workforce or the community stand out from their peers. We’re looking for youth who are excelling beyond what would be expected at the person’s age. We’re seeking influencers and people who are rising leaders in the 757 region.
The nominee should demonstrate success in one or more of the following areas:
- Workforce: Takes charge and motivates within their place of employment. Demonstrates leadership, takes initiative, and seeks innovative solutions to work-related challenges.
- Entrepreneurship: Demonstrates ability to utilize available resources, knowledge, and connections with community members to create value in Hampton Roads through the launching of their own business or nonprofit ventures.
- Community Service: Provides valuable service by contributing significant time and energy in to the community, including but not limited to volunteering and civic engagement.
How do I nominate?
Nominations can be submitted online. The call for nominations begins on November 1, 2023 and ends at 11:59pm on February 28, 2024.
Can I nominate someone by email or another way?
Only nominations submitted through the online portal will be considered.
What is the nomination deadline?